View previous topic :: View next topic  
iamdanhenry

re: The move, and what it means for Infinium.

I have extremely high hopes for this guild after the move, and for that to happen there are some things that need to happen.  Throughout this post I will explain exactly what I mean by that, and how I would like to see it play out.  

Thank you in advance for reading, it should clear up exactly what I would like to see Infinium become.

Part One: What exactly is Infinium?

Infinium is a mature and organized, semi-serious raiding guild.  Before leaving Kil'Jaeden Infinium was a very tight knit guild.  Everybody knew everybody, and was at least able to tolerate their personality enough to interact with them on a daily basis while we were raiding, running scenarios, or just messing around in guild or vent.  I really liked what we were, and where the guild was going and would like to keep it that way.

That being said, there were some things that I think were pushed to the back burner, and I would like to address these issues from the get-go after the move to Proudmoore.  The rank structure will be changed and utilized.  The raiders and team(s) will have higher expectations, and raiding will be much more organized. People that are actively contributing to the guild will be rewarded, and those that aren't will not, no matter the type of contributions.  

I will go over all of these things and more throughout the wall of text that will be this post.  I hope it isn't too long, and I hope that everyone can get something out of it.

Part Two: Members, and Their Ranks.

Blizzard has given us the ability to give the players of Infinium different ranks that represent a standing with the guild.  I think that it is very important that we use them appropriately.  In this section I will be going over each of the new ranks, how players will achieve that rank, and what that rank means.  

Board Member

As of right now, I don't really forsee anyone other than the people moving over from Kil'Jaeden obtaining this rank.  This is the rank that is making major guild changing decisions.  The board members will be posted on the website, as well as any additional duties that that player has agreed to take.  As far as responsibility goes when running a video game guild goes, these are the people that have it.

Officer

This rank will be held by any raid leaders, as well as any raiders that are trusted, long time veterans of Infinium.  These people will have access to the raid tabs of the bank, and will be responsible for getting any flasks, food, potions, etc. that their raid will need. 

Raider

Any member of a raid team, will carry this rank.  As far as permissions go, they aren't much different than a veteran player.  The major difference is increased guild repair funds.  This rank and below are mainly organizational and represent a standing in a guild more than increased responsibilities and privileges.

Veteran

These are members that have been with Infinium for a good chunk of time, and have proven that they are willing to contribute to the guild and have demonstrated that they are loyal to Infinium and the fellow guild members.

These are players that are no longer on the trial basis that comes with the newcomer rank.  They have convinced the board or an officer that they at least fit Infinium's targeted player base.  They fit the Mature, Active, and Social guidelines that were set and have proven that.

Newcomer

This rank is used as a trial basis for new players.  Players that come and can prove that they at least fit the guidelines given by the guild (Which are Mature, Active, and Social).  Players that don't fit these guidelines will be removed from the guild with no hard feeling hopefully.

There are two other ranks, which are alts and officer alts.  These are too self explanatory to describe here.

Part Three: Raiding.

Raiding is what this guild is all about.  Getting to that next boss, getting that upgrade, and seeing progression within the group of players that you play with every single week.

Some things will be expected of every single raider.  Some of these things may seem like they are too obvious too be written here, but I assure you that it is here because we have had an issue with it before.

1. Show up to your raids, and show up a little bit early.
    Being military I consider 10 minutes early as 5 minutes late.  It can make or break a raid night if everyone is there 15 minutes early, gets their stuff from the guild bank, and starts heading to the entrance. 
  2. Have your vent ready and working.
  3. Have your enchants and gems.
    Waiting until you have full heroic gear to get your gems and enchants is ridiculous.  We understand that it can get spendy, and that is what the guild is here for.  If you need help getting these things let somebody know early so we aren't scrambling right before a raid to get you enchanted.

All in all, just be excited to raid. We are all doing this because we want to have fun and play the more difficult end content.  It's what we are all here for.

Part Four: Player notes.

These can go a long way if they aren't filled with crap.  We only get so many characters here, let's make them count.  Just some basic abbreviates we could use in here include:

RT1: <Tank>: This player is a tank for Raid Team 1.  Pretty simple as are most of these.
Alt: Konax: This is Konax's alt.

Things like professions don't need to be listed here.  You can see all of the guildies professions and levels using the guild interface in WoW.

Part Five: Player Attitude

Infinium is meant to be a place where members can come together and have an overall enjoyable experience in addition to the game.  I am going to put everything I can into ensuring that this happens.  

That being said, there are some things that make an experience more enjoyable.  

Simply put, respect the other members of the guild.  Ask questions, and get answers.  Now, there is such a thing as a stupid question, regardless of what anyone tells you.  Just know that if they get asked, you will get an answer, most likely followed by some playful shit talking.

We are hopefully all adults here, and if you aren't.  You better act like one. 

We all enjoy talking a little shit now and then.  Just keep it within reason, don't go out with the intent to hurt somebody's feelings.  Even if their mom really is your epic mount.

Portray a good image of Infinium to non guildies.  We love it when you wear the tabard, and we love it when you make the guild look good.  (Syntak: Don't addon-invite a shitload of lowbies again).

Part Six: The Website

The website is an awesome part of the guild, assuming that it gets used, and used correctly.  This gives us the means to communicate as a guild, without being online all together.  It also gives us the opportunity to save information or ideas for a later date which can be extremely helpful. 

I will personally be managing the website as of right now, and will be giving the forums a lot of focus.  I will be sure to get a good set of categories to post in and give everyone the opportunity to interact and add their two cents into every conversation.  Just know that if the website isn't being used, than it will not be a useful asset for the guild.

Part Seven: Voice Server

Currently our guild is using the a voice server contributed by Scott, one of the guilds board members.  I am extremely thankful for this, however I do intend on getting an Infinium dedicated voice server soon.  Simply for organization sake.  When this happens, all Officers and Board Members will have administrative access to this voice server.

In Conclusion.

Overall, all of this is meant to set the standard for Infinium to ensure that we have an enjoyable place for players to come together.  To always have a group of friends in game to bullshit with, play with, and progress with.  I whole heartedly look forward to seeing you all in game and thank you for reading my long ass post.

Thanks again,

Daniel

Miller Catherine

re: nice

Thank you for sharing this information with us. I had no idea about this topic. This website had already given a large detailed note about the topic The move, and what it means for Infinium. But if they provide one more image about a topic it may help us to know more about that.  diamond rings 

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infinium Guild Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum